Using Connect as SDK

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using Connect as SDK

stu33
Good morning, I have a few getting started questions and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to use CONNECT primarily as an SDK.  First as an initiating gateway for XCPD requests, and eventually as a responding gateway.  I'm limited to running in a Tomcat instance, and Eclipse Java EE for an IDE.

I need to create adapters to interface my edge systems with CONNECT, and I've seen the wiki solutions for that, but those are all a little farther down the line than I've gotten.

I'm looking for some help on setting up the project in Eclipse (I've got all the code through maven as a project in Eclipse, and it builds) and referencing the CONNECT packages from my project.  I'm hoping someone else has already done this.

Thanks for your time.

Jason
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using Connect as SDK

Minh
Administrator
Hi Jason,

"I'm looking for some help on setting up the project in Eclipse (I've got all the code through maven as a project in Eclipse, and it builds) and referencing the CONNECT packages from my project".  

Have you try to use "Import Maven project" inside eclipse? Your question is too general. If you have particular question, it will be great.  Also, screenshot will be helpful too.
Minh-Hai Nguyen
CONNECT Product Team Member
Reply | Threaded
|

stu33
Thanks for your reply.

I've actually imported the CONNECT maven project into my Eclipse workspace, with a working build.  I also have my own project in the workspace, and am hoping to use the CONNECT capabilities to handle XCPD queries (as the initiating gateway).

I guess what I'm looking for is information on how to use CONNECT as an SDK.  Can I reference the CONNECT code in my own project and use it that way, or will I have to have CONNECT running standalone as a webservice and access it's methods via webservice calls?

I'm very new with CONNECT, but have been doing IHE transactions for quite some time, primarily XDS.b.  I've never had to do any cross gateway transactions so far.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sovann Huynh
Administrator
"will I have to have CONNECT running standalone as a webservice and access it's methods via webservice calls"

Yes.
Sovann
CONNECT Product Team Member
Reply | Threaded
|

stu33
Ah, super, that's a big piece of the puzzle I was missing.  Thank you so much.