RE: CONNECT 5.1 unable to invoke Adapter PD service

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: CONNECT 5.1 unable to invoke Adapter PD service

SaiVennelakanti

Can you please highlight the interceptor class in CONNECT where we can add the Action header?

Regards,

Saikrishna

The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Sender immediately by replying

From: johnhd_at_zen [via CONNECT Community Forum] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 13 June 2018 22:47
To: SaiVennelakanti
Subject: RE: CONNECT 5.1 unable to invoke Adapter PD service

I'm not sure I agree here. A SOAP action is a header component. While I expect these a SOAP header (and a SOAP action) to be present on the actual XCPD message that makes it to the gateway, I don't expect the same for an Adapter message. There aren't SOAP headers at all on the adapter message sent by the gateway to the adapter (at when using the "unsecured" SPRING mechanism).

I checked through Adapter messages going back to CONNECT 4.6 and I see the same. No SOAP headers on Adapter messages that come out of the gateway. The Adapter messages identify themselves by the "RespondingGateway_PRPA_IN201305UV02Request" element (Or I guess you could also check the "PRPA_IN201305UV02" sub element), and also by virtue of the endpoint it's being directed to in a sense.

To me this points to an issue with the Adapter. It's expecting a SOAP Action that it won't be getting. The correct path forward is to address it in the Adapter so it does not expect this (or any) SOAP action. If you don't have the means to do this, you may need to patch the gateway to meet your specific use case, or do something to capture these adapter messages on the fly and add the header before it gets to your adapter. (I've seen both ways work for similar needs.)

I hope this helps.

Ask The Experts! Free 15 minute live Q&A sessions with one of Zen's Expert Integrators @ https://consultzen.com/integration-service-desk-solutions/

www.consultzen.com

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forums.connectopensource.org/CONNECT-5-1-unable-to-invoke-Adapter-PD-service-tp7580966p7581040.html

To unsubscribe from CONNECT 5.1 unable to invoke Adapter PD service, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CONNECT 5.1 unable to invoke Adapter PD service

johnhd_at_zen
Hi Saikrishna,

Apologies, I'm not familiar enough with the sourcecode to give specific advice. I'd suggest posing this question on the forum. :)

We do have more direct experience with modifying SOAP envelopes like these in-flight. This will likely mean introducing another application into the mix though.

Hope this helps,

-- 
John Henry Downing
Sr. Engineer, Interoperability & SME Services
Zen Healthcare IT, LLC
Direct: (949) 407-6062

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:21 AM, SaiVennelakanti [via CONNECT Community Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can you please highlight the interceptor class in CONNECT where we can add the Action header?

Regards,

Saikrishna

The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Sender immediately by replying

From: johnhd_at_zen [via CONNECT Community Forum] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 13 June 2018 22:47
To: SaiVennelakanti
Subject: RE: CONNECT 5.1 unable to invoke Adapter PD service

I'm not sure I agree here. A SOAP action is a header component. While I expect these a SOAP header (and a SOAP action) to be present on the actual XCPD message that makes it to the gateway, I don't expect the same for an Adapter message. There aren't SOAP headers at all on the adapter message sent by the gateway to the adapter (at when using the "unsecured" SPRING mechanism).

I checked through Adapter messages going back to CONNECT 4.6 and I see the same. No SOAP headers on Adapter messages that come out of the gateway. The Adapter messages identify themselves by the "RespondingGateway_PRPA_IN201305UV02Request" element (Or I guess you could also check the "PRPA_IN201305UV02" sub element), and also by virtue of the endpoint it's being directed to in a sense.

To me this points to an issue with the Adapter. It's expecting a SOAP Action that it won't be getting. The correct path forward is to address it in the Adapter so it does not expect this (or any) SOAP action. If you don't have the means to do this, you may need to patch the gateway to meet your specific use case, or do something to capture these adapter messages on the fly and add the header before it gets to your adapter. (I've seen both ways work for similar needs.)

I hope this helps.

Ask The Experts! Free 15 minute live Q&A sessions with one of Zen's Expert Integrators @ https://consultzen.com/integration-service-desk-solutions/

www.consultzen.com

http://forums.connectopensource.org/CONNECT-5-1-unable-to-invoke-Adapter-PD-service-tp7580966p7581040.html

To unsubscribe from CONNECT 5.1 unable to invoke Adapter PD service, click here.
NAML

http://forums.connectopensource.org/CONNECT-5-1-unable-to-invoke-Adapter-PD-service-tp7580966p7581041.html
To start a new topic under Technical Issues, email [hidden email]
NAML

www.consultzen.com