Querying Multiple Communities With One "Trigger" (NhinTargetCommunities)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Querying Multiple Communities With One "Trigger" (NhinTargetCommunities)

johnhd_at_zen
Hi Everyone,

I found that we can apparently trigger the CONNECT gateway to query multiple partners by sending it just one "triggering" SOAP message to one of its "Entities" endpoints, per:

https://connectopensource.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CONNECTWIKI/pages/8585557/Query+multiple+communities+Happy+Path

I'm trying to play with this on CONNECT 4.7

I set up a NhinTargetCommunities element with two nhinTargetCommunity with two DIL servers like so:

<urn:NhinTargetCommunities>
    <urn1:nhinTargetCommunity>
        <urn1:homeCommunity>
            <urn1:homeCommunityId>2.16.840.1.113883.3.1259.10.1003</urn1:homeCommunityId>
        </urn1:homeCommunity>
    </urn1:nhinTargetCommunity>
    <urn1:nhinTargetCommunity>
        <urn1:homeCommunity>
            <urn1:homeCommunityId>2.16.840.1.113883.3.1259.10.1001</urn1:homeCommunityId>
        </urn1:homeCommunity>
    </urn1:nhinTargetCommunity>
</urn:NhinTargetCommunities>

I have BusinessEntitites for both of these OIDs in my uddiConnectionInfo.xml (I also tried internalConnectionInfo.xml for kicks).

What I'm seeing the gateway actually do, though, is send a query to the first entry (.1003 in my example) and ignore the second entry entirely. I verified this by swapping the order of the OIDs in the NhinTargetCommunities.

I can't tell based on that link if this was maybe a roadmapped feature that was never implemented?

Any input appreciated.
Ask The Experts! Free 15 minute live Q&A sessions with one of Zen's Expert Integrators @ https://consultzen.com/integration-service-desk-solutions/

www.consultzen.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Querying Multiple Communities With One "Trigger" (NhinTargetCommunities)

Sovann Huynh
Administrator
John, are you set up in passthrough mode? Our fanout logic sends to only the first target in passthrough. Also, sorry if it's already been asked, but if you can give us some more background on the context in which you use CONNECT, it could help us in supporting you further.
Sovann
CONNECT Product Team Member
Reply | Threaded
|

johnhd_at_zen
Hi Sovann,

I'm not using passthrough mode. This is just a test rig with CONNECT 4.7 present on it, stock binary distributable.

I'm also working with CONNECT 5.1 in a similar test rig.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to query multiple communities by sending CONNECT one message from my adapter(s).

Does this help?
Ask The Experts! Free 15 minute live Q&A sessions with one of Zen's Expert Integrators @ https://consultzen.com/integration-service-desk-solutions/

www.consultzen.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sovann Huynh
Administrator
John, are you trying with PD or QD? I believe our fanout logic works only with QD.
Sovann
CONNECT Product Team Member