I want to use CONNECT 4.2 as an XCA gateway to our service...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I want to use CONNECT 4.2 as an XCA gateway to our service...

lee.crabtree
Basically, I want to use CONNECT to process SAML authorization, then pass the (now de-SAMLed) request onto our service.  What do I need to modify in the CONNECT configuration (and where, exactly, *IS* that configuration) to make this happen?  My assumption would be that there is an inbound side and an outbound side to CONNECT, and I would just need to configure a URL and a certificate, but the CONNECT architecture is, at the moment, completely alien to me, so I'm a bit lost.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: I want to use CONNECT 4.2 as an XCA gateway to our service...

matt w
Hi Lee, I think the closest thing we have to what you are looking for is "passthru mode" which can be configured via the gateway.properties file. With this usage the gateway would do very little in the way of processing the message and just hand it off to your adapters on the Adapter<Service Name> interfaces. 

The messages that go in and out of CONNECT on each side are all slightly different from each other, however I think they are similar enough that if you understand one you would understand all. Here are some examples of how the messages look at high level:
Sending side (Entity)
<soap body>
<entity wrapper>
<CONNECT assertion />
<Standard based elements />
<target information />
</entity wrapper>
</soap body>

Sending and receiving side (Nhin)
<soap header>
SAMLAssertion
</soap header>
<soap body>
Standard based elements (body)
</soap body>

Receiving side (adapter)
<soap body>
<adapter wrapper>
<CONNECT assertion />
<Standard based elements />
</adapter wrapper>
</soap body>

The WSDL files are pretty well categorized and named in the WebServices repo here: https://github.com/CONNECT-Solution/CONNECT-Webservices

From: lee.crabtree [via CONNECT Forums] [ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 2:48 PM
To: Weaver, Matthew (CGI Federal)
Subject: I want to use CONNECT 4.2 as an XCA gateway to our service...

Basically, I want to use CONNECT to process SAML authorization, then pass the (now de-SAMLed) request onto our service.  What do I need to modify in the CONNECT configuration (and where, exactly, *IS* that configuration) to make this happen?  My assumption would be that there is an inbound side and an outbound side to CONNECT, and I would just need to configure a URL and a certificate, but the CONNECT architecture is, at the moment, completely alien to me, so I'm a bit lost.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forums.connectopensource.org/I-want-to-use-CONNECT-4-2-as-an-XCA-gateway-to-our-service-tp7579362.html
To start a new topic under CONNECT Users, email ml-node+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CONNECT Forums, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: I want to use CONNECT 4.2 as an XCA gateway to our service...

Lee Crabtree
Where are those adapters configured?