Development help - maven compilation error "package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Development help - maven compilation error "package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist"

jonb_at_zen
I have a fork of CONNECT master. I am working to implement a change to SAML attributes (see other forum post for details). The build errors below do not relate to source files that I changed as part of my effort. I successfully built the project several weeks ago during the initial experiments with the changes I am making for local use cases.

I am running:  
mvn clean install -P AD,PD,DQ,DR,DS,X12,adminws,jboss7 -DskipTests=true

The error I get is (full error follows at the end):
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:compile (default-compile) on project DocumentDataSubmissionCore: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[30,25] package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist

I looked at gov.hhs.fha.nhinc.docdatasubmission.nhin.proxy.service.AbstractServicePortDescriptor and it imports ihe.iti.xds._2007.DocumentRegistryXDSPortType . I believe that DocumentRegistryXDSPortType is a class generated from a WSDL. Several POMs reference it as a dependency, the POM for SoapUI_Test appears to unpack it as part of the unpack-soapui-wsdl-resources execution. I am currently trying to see if that needs to be added to my build steps somehow.

I am using the following references to review my build steps:
https://connectopensource.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CONNECTWIKI/pages/113311928/Building+CONNECT+from+Source+Code
https://connectopensource.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CONNECTWIKI/pages/8585736/Maven+notes
https://connectopensource.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CONNECTWIKI/pages/113311932/Deploying+CONNECT+to+WildFly+8.2.1

The full maven error follows. I can provide full build output if needed but that would be quite large.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:compile (default-compile) on project DocumentDataSubmissionCore: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[30,25] package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[32,89] cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol: class DocumentRegistryXDSPortType
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[51,18] cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class DocumentRegistryXDSPortType
[ERROR]   location: class gov.hhs.fha.nhinc.docdatasubmission.nhin.proxy.service.AbstractServicePortDescriptor
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[40,25] package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[63,31] cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   location: class gov.hhs.fha.nhinc.docdatasubmission.nhin.proxy.NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[62,29] cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   location: class gov.hhs.fha.nhinc.docdatasubmission.nhin.proxy.NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[52,16] cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   location: class gov.hhs.fha.nhinc.docdatasubmission.nhin.proxy.service.AbstractServicePortDescriptor
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[82,35] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[84,27] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[87,65] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :DocumentDataSubmissionCore
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Development help - maven compilation error "package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist"

jonb_at_zen
The DocumentRegistryXDSPortType class does appear to be present in an older JAR in my local maven repo.

/Users/jon.bartels/.m2/repository/org/connectopensource/DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices/5.2.0-SNAPSHOT/DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-20181023.171004-34.jar

Somehow I was able to build this two weeks ago.

What project actually builds DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices?

I'm going to try clearing my local Maven repo next.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Development help - maven compilation error "package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist"

Minh
Administrator
In reply to this post by jonb_at_zen
Hi John,

We recently release our commontype and webservice to 5.2.0.  Since you are at snapshot version, you can either delete .m2\repository\org\connectopensource folder and rebuild OR download our release tag which locate under https://github.com/CONNECT-Solution/CONNECT/releases/tag/5.2.0 and rebuild.

Minh-Hai Nguyen
CONNECT Product Team Member
Reply | Threaded
|

jonb_at_zen
I removed the local artifacts from .m2\repository\org\connectopensource

I ran: mvn clean install -P AD,PD,DQ,DR,DS,X12,adminws,jboss7 -DskipTests=true

I get the same error (See below).

I tried not skipping tests, I get test failures which block the build. I also tried the quick profile and got the same results.

What module actually builds or generates DocumentRegistryXDSPortType?

Since I am in the middle of making changes I would prefer to stick to the fork I have which was taken from commit c2b28fba06f28c7199a09baa1726037d7ca5103a. It is from August 30th 2018. It should be sufficient for the development I am doing. I can get caught up with master and prepare a pull request. I'll change to the 5.2.0 release if need be, but that will take some time to generate and apply patches from my changes.

Error:
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[32,89] cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol: class DocumentRegistryXDSPortType
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[51,18] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[40,25] package ihe.iti.xds._2007 does not exist
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[63,31] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[62,29] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java:[52,16] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[82,35] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[84,27] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] /Users/jon.bartels/Projects/connect-stargate-fork/Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java:[87,65] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :DocumentDataSubmissionCore
Reply | Threaded
|

jonb_at_zen
I think I might see what Minh is getting at.

I have an artifact for DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices in my local m2 repo, however that JAR is dated 20181102 in its filename, even though it was created 20 minutes ago as a file. This artifact does have the ihe.iti.xds_b._2007.DocumentRegistryXDSPortType class.

What I am confused by is how Maven would have built and installed that artifact but is not able to resolve it at build time for a different module.

Jonathans-iMac:5.2.0-SNAPSHOT jon.bartels$ ls -latr
total 184
drwxr-xr-x   3 jon.bartels  staff    102 Nov  6 11:48 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff    598 Nov  6 11:48 DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff    598 Nov  6 11:48 DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-20181102.143355-35.pom
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff     40 Nov  6 11:48 DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-20181102.143355-35.pom.sha1
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff    391 Nov  6 11:48 DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-20181102.143355-35.pom.lastUpdated
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff  26753 Nov  6 11:49 DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff  26753 Nov  6 11:49 DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-20181102.143355-35.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff    306 Nov  6 11:49 _remote.repositories
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff     40 Nov  6 11:49 DocumentDataSubmissionWebservices-5.2.0-20181102.143355-35.jar.sha1
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff    295 Nov  6 12:24 resolver-status.properties
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff     40 Nov  6 12:24 maven-metadata-sonatype-snapshots.xml.sha1
-rw-r--r--   1 jon.bartels  staff    807 Nov  6 12:24 maven-metadata-sonatype-snapshots.xml
drwxr-xr-x  13 jon.bartels  staff    442 Nov  6 12:24 .
Reply | Threaded
|

jonb_at_zen
Sorry for the posts I am trying to keep the thread up to date as I work through this.

I noticed that the DocumentRegistryXDSPortType class existed in a JAR in my local repo but it was in the package ihe.iti._2007 while the code in error was looking for the class in ihe.iti.xds._2007

I manually changed gov.hhs.fha.nhinc.docdatasubmission.nhin.proxy.service.AbstractServicePortDescriptor to reference ihe.iti._2007 instead of ihe.iti.xds._2007.

I get a compilation error for the same issue from a different class (shown below).

What package should DocumentRegistryXDSPortType be in?

Reply | Threaded
|

jonb_at_zen
OK I got a build to work which is adequate to try out the changes I'm trying to work on.

I had to change these files:
Product/Production/Gateway/DocumentDataSubmission_10/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/v10/nhin/NhinDocDataSubmission.java
Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/NhinDocDataSubmissionProxyWebServiceSecuredImpl.java
Product/Production/Services/DocumentDataSubmissionCore/src/main/java/gov/hhs/fha/nhinc/docdatasubmission/nhin/proxy/service/AbstractServicePortDescriptor.java

The change was to alter references from  ihe.iti.xds._2007.DocumentRegistryXDSPortType to ihe.iti._2007.DocumentRegistryXDSPortType (removed the xds part).

I built with: mvn clean install -P AD,PD,DQ,DR,DS,quick,\!validation-testing,\!embedded-testing -DskipTests

Again my apologies for the posts, I wanted to keep notes as I went to figure this out.

I would appreciate a review or followup. I want to be able to build and contribute to CONNECT. I would like to know whats up with my local builds!

What package is DocumentRegistryXDSPortType supposed to be in?
What POM or process generates it?