Deploying PatientDiscovery_a0.war didn't add any webservices

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Deploying PatientDiscovery_a0.war didn't add any webservices

Daniel Kaplan
I built PatientDiscovery_a0.war locally by downloading the CONNECT 4.2 source.  I then deployed it to glassfish (gf v2).  It deployed without error, but after deploying it I don't see any available web services.  Is this expected?  It looks like gov.hhs.fha.nhinc.patientdiscovery.adapter.deferred.request.AdapterPatientDiscoveryDeferredRequestUnsecured is supposed to be a webservice.  

I've attached a screenshot of my glassfish admin screen:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Deploying PatientDiscovery_a0.war didn't add any webservices

Naresh Subramanyan
Connect 4.x uses CXF and it may not work in Glassfish v2. Try to build using CONNECT 3.3 source (which uses Metro) or use CONNECT 3.3 PatientDiscovery_a0.war binary.

Thanks,
Naresh
CONNECT Product Team
Reply | Threaded
|

Daniel Kaplan
nareshcgi wrote
Connect 4.x uses CXF and it may not work in Glassfish v2. Try to build using CONNECT 3.3 source (which uses Metro) or use CONNECT 3.3 PatientDiscovery_a0.war binary.

Thanks,
Naresh
CONNECT Product Team
Hi Naresh,

Thanks for the reply.  If I use those 3.3 reference adapters, will I Connect 4.x be able to communicate with them?  

Thanks,
Dan
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Deploying PatientDiscovery_a0.war didn't add any webservices

matt w

Hi Dan, in general we have not made massive sweeping changes to the adapter interfaces so in theory if you are using web services to communicate between tech stacks like cxf/metro they should interoperate. However there have been some modifications to support various features and this is not a scenario that we test at release time.

You can check this page for some information on the changes:

<a href="https://developer.connectopensource.org/display/CONNECT4/Adapter&#43;Changes&#43;Are&#43;Required&#43;to&#43;Use&#43;CONNECT&#43;4">https://developer.connectopensource.org/display/CONNECT4/Adapter+Changes+Are+Required+to+Use+CONNECT+4

From: Daniel Kaplan [via CONNECT Forums] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 4:30 PM
To: Weaver, Matthew (CGI Federal)
Subject: Re: Deploying PatientDiscovery_a0.war didn't add any webservices

nareshcgi wrote

Thanks,
Naresh
CONNECT Product Team

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for the reply.  If I use those 3.3 reference adapters, will I Connect 4.x be able to communicate with them?  

Thanks,
Dan

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forums.connectopensource.org/Deploying-PatientDiscovery-a0-war-didn-t-add-any-webservices-tp7579172p7579186.html

To start a new topic under CONNECT Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CONNECT Forums, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Daniel Kaplan
In reply to this post by Naresh Subramanyan
OK I deployed to Glassfish v3 and I don't see any exposed web services either.  I was expecting links on the right hand side that says "view endpoint".  

I don't know anything about cxf.  Is this deployed correctly?  How do I know learn the urls of the endpoints I can hit?  Do CONNECT4.2 adapters not work on any version of Glassfish?  
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Deploying PatientDiscovery_a0.war didn't add any webservices

matt w

The glassfish admin console is expecting web services to be implemented via the native metro (JAX-WS RI) web service stack. So services implemented via CXF wouldn’t show up there. The admin console only sees the servlet (which you can see below).

From: Daniel Kaplan [via CONNECT Forums] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:19 PM
To: Weaver, Matthew (CGI Federal)
Subject: Re: Deploying PatientDiscovery_a0.war didn't add any webservices

OK I deployed to Glassfish v3 and I don't see any exposed web services either.  I was expecting links on the right hand side that says "view endpoint".  

I don't know anything about cxf.  Is this deployed correctly?  How do I know learn the urls of the endpoints I can hit?  Do CONNECT4.2 adapters not work on any version of Glassfish?  

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forums.connectopensource.org/Deploying-PatientDiscovery-a0-war-didn-t-add-any-webservices-tp7579172p7579219.html

To start a new topic under CONNECT Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CONNECT Forums, click here.
NAML