Connect 4.6 - Unable to access port 8181

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Connect 4.6 - Unable to access port 8181

earla12
I have a Windows 7 install with WildFly-10.0.0.Final. WildFly is up and running and I successfully deployed Connect 4.6 and the ConnectAdminGUI. In the ConnectAdminGUI under 'View External Connections' I can ping the listings on port 8080 without issue, but when attempting to ping on port 8181 it fails. I have applied the DIL Certs successfully, but can't help but feel I am missing something, please help as soon as possible since I am facing deadlines. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Earl Adkins
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Connect 4.6 - Unable to access port 8181

Minh
Administrator
Can you post the server log?  I also assume you ping localhost:8181 or other servers.
Minh-Hai Nguyen
CONNECT Product Team Member
Reply | Threaded
|

earla12
In reply to this post by earla12
Here is a copy of my Server.log fileserver.log

Also here is here is a copy of my 'standalone.xml' file  standalone.xml

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

christophermay07
Hey Earl,

When the application server is started, try running this from the command prompt:

netstat -aon | findstr 8181

Do you see, at a minimum, a "LISTENING" entry?  If not, the most likely culprit is a TLS issue on server startup; otherwise, there may be a bigger issue at play.  Either way, that information will help narrow the search for the problem.

Best regards,

Chris May
CONNECT Community Member
Reply | Threaded
|

earla12
Result from netstat -aon | findstr 8181 is:

TCP    192.168.169.172:8181   0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       4812

Reply | Threaded
|

Minh
Administrator
Looking at the server log, I don't see any configuration to use jks.  If possible, can you try to follow the section "Setting JAVA_OPTS" at https://connectopensource.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58490914
Minh-Hai Nguyen
Reply | Threaded
|

earla12
Commented out prior entries in the 'standalone.conf.bat' file and added entries you specified.
I logged into the ConnectAdminGUI at: https://test.semhie.org:8181/ConnectAdminGUI successfully,
but when attempting to execute a service ping for: https://test.semhie.org:8181/Gateway/AdminDistribution/1_0/AdministrativeDistributionSecured_Service it failed like any others on port 8181

Reply | Threaded
|

Sovann Huynh
Administrator
Hi Earl, do you have both CONNECT and AdminGUI deployed on 8181? And then are you logging into the AdminGUI and pinging your own CONNECT instance?
Sovann
Reply | Threaded
|

earla12
Yes,  the configuration I have setup puts CONNECT on port 8181 and AdminGUI on port 8181 (I am presuming this is the same configuration in the module.xml file).

You are correct, I am attempting to ping the service for my CONNECT instances.  Is this a misconfiguration?  If so, where should I be attempting to ping the connect service at?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sovann Huynh
Administrator
I'm wondering if having both on port 8181 and then trying to ping a service on 8181 might be the issue.  In the meantime, can you run the SoapUI validation suite to see if tests pass.
Sovann
Reply | Threaded
|

earla12
I resolve this issue.  I went back through my configuration files and was able to successfully run and complete without error the SOAPUI testing for G0-G1

I want to thank everyone for their help in resolving the issue.