classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Binaries for CONNECT 4 beta?

kairo
Hello,
we're trying to install CONNECT 4 beta atm but I couldn't find any binaries for it :(. Is source code build the only suported type of installation currently?

Thanks,
Richard
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Binaries for CONNECT 4 beta?

mpafumi
Administrator
Hi Richard -

I am checking with the developers.  We publish binaries for GA releases.  If we haven't posted binaries for the 4.0 Beta release, we will have someone build them and upload them to the wiki.

Michael Pafumi
CONNECT Program Director
Reply | Threaded
|

kairo
Hi Michael, thanks for fast response - I checked the Wiki too now (I was previously looking for binaries elsewhere) and yes - most of the links on Wiki for version 4.0 actually point to 3.3 resources
Reply | Threaded
|

mpafumi
Administrator
Hi Richard -

The team did not build public binaries for CONNECT 4.0 Beta.  However, CONNECT 4.0 Release Candidate (RC1) is due to be tagged in GitHub early this week, so I asked the team to build and post binaries for RC1.  I recommend you use that version in your testing.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Michael
Reply | Threaded
|

kairo
Hi Michael,
thank you, that sounds good :). I just noticed a 3hr old tag on GitHub (CONNECTSolution-4.0.0) which could be that one you talked about earlier - will be monitoring Wiki for link to the RC1 (or will it be published somewhere else?)

Best regards,
Richard
Reply | Threaded
|

Tony Ward
Hi Richard,

We will be sure to let you know where the binaries are via this forum, and probably post them to the wiki.

Tony
Reply | Threaded
|

Tony Ward
Hi Richard,

Just to let you know the Binary file for the Beta code release of CONNECT 4.0 has been posted to the "CONNECT Alpha & Beta Releases" page:
https://developer.connectopensource.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=105447533

The binary file itself is at:
https://developer.connectopensource.org/download/attachments/105447533/CONNECT-4.0-Beta.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1359053345683

The RC1 code release and binaries should be posted either tomorrow or Monday.

Tony
Reply | Threaded
|

kairo
Awesome, thanks, Tony
Reply | Threaded
|

Tony Ward